Rt 34B Self Storage takes pride in offering a simple and hassle-free self storage experience for all of their customers in Groton & Ithaca, NY. We also provide storage from surrounding areas: Ithaca, Dryden and Freeville. We make sure our storage units are clean, secure, and ready to rent. We also focus on offering a wide variety of storage unit sizes and types to make sure we can handle any self storage need that you may have. Rt 34B Self Storage also offers online rentals and online bill pay 24/7 to make your experience a little more quick and easy. Feel free to look at our available storage units and give us a call if you have any questions or simply rent your unit right on the website.
Before you choose the correct storage units, it is important to hold the self storage facility provider to a high standard. If the standards you expect aren't clearly visible on your first visit this is unlikely to change in the future. With this is mind, here are six things to look for when choosing the provider to suit your needs:
An elevated level of security
How secure your items will be should be you and the primary concern for both the storage provider. Whether you are storing sensitive business documents or family heirlooms make sure the storage facility offers the following.
• Sufficient outdoor lighting, when you visit a storage facility, can always ensure that the walkways and surrounding areas are welded. This will act as a deterrent to Intruders and protect both you and the employees.
• Individual unit locks and doors these allow security access to the units in case of any attempted break-ins
• Fire safety certifications, make sure any units you choose are up to code and possess all the correct documentation to prove it.
• Safe and secure payment methods. In this day and age any company who is handling your personal and banking data needs to ensure this is stored using the latest security measures.
Quality Customer Service
Your self storage facility provider should always be available to answer your questions. Select a facility that is well staffed and who have employees available to assist after hours. Many people use storage when they're moving locations this can be an extremely stressful time so choosing a provider who offers exceptional customer service can make the moving process much more enjoyable for the company to provide some of the following.
• a flexible schedule to suit your future availability.
• No additional service fees
• No hidden service fees.
• It's always a clever idea to write a list of your unique needs before choosing your provider.
You should always look for a storage unit provider location that offers great lighting. At a minimum LED lighting is more energy efficient and it offers all the areas in more functionality and safety.
• Well let driveways make the facilities easier to locate
• Lighting is important for loading and unloading
• Hallways are safer if they are well lit.
• Lighting in units is important to allow you to find your items quickly.
A facility should be able to provide its customers with the storage solutions to fit all their needs. These come in many shapes and forms, one thing that is important to customers is to have the option of choosing a provider that is flexible.
What do I mean by flexible? Having a variety of unit sizes on site will allow customers to switch between units as they need. Should their need for storage capacity increase or decrease they will not get stuck either having to pay for space they are not using or moving to find the extra space they need
Pest and Dust free
Do you allow pests into your home? Can you wipe dust off the counter tops in your kitchen? If not then the storage units you choose shouldn't either. These unit are meant to be expansions of your home of business, not just another old warehouse facility.
Convenient and accessible
The best self storage facilities allow you easy access to your items any time you need them. Some of that has to do with when the storage units themselves are open. Before you choose the company that you want to work with you should always check their opening hours. Some offer 24/7 access as they are a self service unit. Others are semi serviced, which means you can access your units at any time, but staff will not be available to help you at certain times. Fully serviced units are accessible 24/7 and have staff available all the time too. We are not saying that you will always need to access your items in the middle of the night, but sometimes an early morning or late evening visit may be necessary.
It's vital to hold your storage service provider to a high standard before you place anything of value or importance into their care, 34 B Self Storage is proud to meet and beat the highest storage standards and provide the highest quality of service.